Thursday, February 01, 2007

In The Beginning...

After using VBScript and Classic ASP to develop web-based applications for the past 8+ years, I've decided to move forward and learn how to use C# and ASP.NET (v2.0) instead. While Classic ASP's relative simplicity made it easy to learn and use, VBScript's lack of advanced features are preventing me from developing web applications that are as robust as I need them to be.

This blog will serve to document my quest to become proficient in the use of the .NET Framework v2.0 (and above), where it applies to web applications development. I'll be avoiding Windows Forms (read: installable applications) almost entirely, as that type of development does not interest me in the least. I will also be coding in C# whenever possible -- VB.NET might be more familiar, but I'd rather start learning a language that uses more C-like syntax, in case I decide to try Java or C++ out at some point going forward.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Hi,

I thought you'd like to know I've finally got around to writing that post you wanted on how to use Phil's error reporting code, I've also added one about referencing DLLs :)

http://blogs.thesitedoctor.co.uk/tim/2007/03/19/How+To+Use+Phils+Error+Reporting+Code.aspx

ATB

Tim

Tek Boy said...

The above URL is too long, so I've gone ahead and TinyURL'ed it, for anybody that's interested:

http://tinyurl.com/ynjoak


Or you can visit the original link's URL here.


-= ASPNYC =-